DRI2 Protocol Spec Draft v2

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Thu Sep 11 15:01:11 PDT 2008

Hi,

Here's an updated version of the DRi2 specification.  I've added some
discussion points with ISSUE: in the spec.  The new stuff here is the
XChangeWindowAttributes inspired DRI2CopyRegion, that'll let us better
extend it in the future. I clarified and simplified the auth stuff,
dropping the group concept.  Also I'm still not convinced that the
swap pipe stuff can't just be an xorg.conf option, or maybe an randr
property on the display (preferred swap pipe or whatever).

And most of all, I'd like to keep the first version simple,
considering that we have a lot of options for extending this as we go.
 Release early etc...

Kristian