Uncontrolled screen blanking again

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Oct 29 08:07:27 PDT 2008

Greetings;

New mobo, new 2400HD-Pro card, 32 bit F8 install on a quad core phenom.

Early in the morning I cannot keep a screen unblanked.  Someone suggested that
was a bug in radeonhd when using the digital output on this card.  So I
plugged in the analog cable too, but that refused to come alive without a
power down reset on everything.

Then when I got it working via the analog cable by disconnecting the digital
cable and a powerdown reset, x wouldn't run because there were no screens
defined that were usable, and also claimed there was no monitor connected
even though I was looking at it (boot level 3, no x at login, I run startx
later) on this Samsung Synchmaster 205 wide screen 1680x1050 monitor.  This
analog mode did work fine a month ago, same exact hardware.

So finally I am back on the digital cable, and that time of the morning when
this uncontrolled blanking hits has apparently passed.  But it seems to be
repeatable and making my life hell if I wake up before 9ish.

HELP please.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)