Finding the right modifier ID in a japanese keyboard layout

xorg at henrik.synth.no xorg at henrik.synth.no
Tue May 13 01:42:02 PDT 2008

Hi.

I've got a small laptop with japanese keyboard layout, like this:

http://www.notebookreview.com/picture.asp?f=27325

To get AltGr functioning, I've mapped the key just right of the space
bar with xmodmap:

xmodmap -e "keycode 129 = ISO_Level3_Shift"

This works, but as I understand, xmodmap is out of style.  As I
understand, I should do something in XkbOptions in xorg.conf, or make my
own symbols definition in /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/

The problem is, what symbol is the key just right of the space bar?  The
alfanumerical keys are easy to name (AE01 etc), but this one (and the
other japanese modifier keys) is considered special.

Does anyone know?

Best regards,
Henrik