input settings get ignored?

Bernd Steinhauser linux at bernd-steinhauser.de
Sun Dec 28 00:16:57 PST 2008

Hi,

I was upgrading to xorg-server 1.6 Beta3 (1.5.99.3) and I have one nasty
problem, which I'm not sure if it is me doing something wrong or if
there is a bug.

The problem is, that my input settings (using hal, see the attached fdi
files) get ignored.
The strange thing is, that the log file tells me, that the server added
devices with these settings, but when logging in and/or starting the DE,
the keyboard layout is "us" (default?) and not "neo" which it should be.
(Worked just fine with xorg-server 1.5, that's why I think there isn't a
config problem.)

In addition to that, some keys don't work or are working wrong, for
example, when using the standard layout, the ↑ key acts as a print key.
I guess that has something to do with the model or the rules.

Anyway, is this a bug or am I missing something (maybe a newer version
of some lib/proto etc?)?
See the attached files for more info, should be two fdi files, lshal
output (cut out the relevant parts), the log file and the xorg.conf.

Regards,
Bernd