New to the radeonhd diver, how to optimize it?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Apr 1 12:34:41 PDT 2008

Greetings;

I just had to re-install F8 due to a filesystem and drive trashing I suspect
may have been related to my use of the nvidia driver, so while I was getting
a new drive, I picked up a visiontek 2400HD card, which identifies itself as
an unsupported 94C4.  It works slowly with the default vesa driver, and
obviously better with the radeonhd driver, but isn't exactly snappy yet.

It seems stable, and is getting about 340 fps under glxgears but does seem
quite a bit slower than the GForce3-6200 I took out.  I've attached the
Xorg.0.log, can anyone advise me on optimizing this, particularly in getting
DRI working?

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene