Dual-head on i810 driver -- almost works

JM Ibanez jm at orangeandbronze.com
Mon May 7 04:02:59 PDT 2007

Greg Stark <gsstark at mit.edu> writes:

> Huh, once I added a "Virtual" line to enable me to use xrandr to enable the
> second monitor I find XV has stopped working. This even if I don't actually
> use xrandr, it doesn't work even on a freshly started X session.
>
> What I get is either a black or blue window depending on whether I use the
> texture or overlay xv port. When I use the texture port I notice there's what
> appears to be a single line of pixels from the video appearing at the top of
> the screen.

What particular chipset are you on? Are you using an i830-series device
(i830/i852/i855 and related)?

If you are, please check if the patches for bug #10645 works for you, available
here[0] and here[1]. Note that these are just workarounds to the problem.

[0] https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=9610
[1] https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=9619

--
JM Ibanez