i965G (Asus P5B-V): Diagnosing ADD2/SDVO issues

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 11:05:49 PST 2007

On 3/1/07, Rene Wagner <reenoo at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 09:49 -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> >
> > I haven't tried this board; do you know if it uses ADD2-R cards instead
> > of the ADD2-N card?
>
> Asus sells an ADD2-R just for one particular board, the N4L-VM DH. For
> all other boards with i915, i945, i965 chipsets they sell an ADD2-N
> card.
>
> The Asus manual that's now linked to from the X.org Wiki (thanks guys!)
> indicates that it's also a Silicon Image card, but based on the
> Sil 1632 whereas the card I have comes with an Sil 1642.
>
> Could that make the difference? I could order the Asus card once any
> reseller has it in stock again.

I put this on the Xorg wiki earlier today, but I might as well get it
on the list, too. According to ASI, the difference between the
ADD2-N/R cards has to do with motherboard form factor. The ADD2-N
cards are for ATX, and ADD2-R cards are for BTX.

http://www.asisupport.com/newsletter_04_2005.htm#%22ADD2%22%20Cards%20-%20What%20exactly%20are%20they?

Maybe that helps.

--
Dan