Intel 2.0.0 Driver : Override device detection?

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Mon Jun 25 10:44:07 PDT 2007

Keith Packard schrieb:
> On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 11:49 +0200, Clemens Koller wrote:
>
>> This is not true for every device. It depends on the manufacturer if he
>> wires the +5V (or +3.3V) from the VGA Cable to the Monitor's EEPROM or
>> uses some internal power supply for it.
>
> The DDC/EDID specs require that the EEPROM be available even if the
> device is powered down.

Okay. I had been looking for that part, too.
Can you please point me to that part of the spec?

> Every monitor I have even works when unplugged,
> but I'm not sure that is a requirement. Might be interesting to
> experiment to check.

Well, I have at least one monitor at home
(a quite old 17" ViewSonic or OptiQuest 1769DC)
which comes up at a different refresh rate depending if it
was powered on or off (but always plugged in) during system start.

Actually I don't care about that so much... I just fixed the xorg
settings manually. Automatic stuff which fails once in a while without
telling that it fails is just worth *nothing*.

Regards,
--
Clemens Koller