a couple of odd behaviours.

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Tue Jun 19 06:40:10 PDT 2007

Hi, Bruce!

Bruce Bowler schrieb:
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:18:56 +0200
> Clemens Koller <clemens.koller at anagramm.de> put fingers to keyboard and
> said:
>
>>> The other problem is at least partially KVM related.
>>>
>>> If I "auto adjust" the monitor (Princeton VL1715) on M, it looks OK
>>> on E, but the "working" part of the screen is shifted ~0.25 inches to
>>> the left on A and B.  If I auto adjust while connected to A, it's OK
>>> and E but shifted to the right on M and B.  If I auto adjust on B or
>>> E it's "close" on the other one but off on M and A.  Is there a
>>> mechanism to tell Xorg to "nudge" the screen left or right?
>
> [snip]
>
>> You might try to switch DDC off and use fixed (optimized) settings.
>> So it shoudln't matter what KVM, CRT, <foo> you connect to your video
>> card.
>
> Is there a "secret" for determining what those settings might be or is it
> trial and error?

I think it was in one of my links...
Google tells me something like  Option "NoDDC" "1" somewhere in xorg.conf
or better:

1. ask google
2. try to understand it
3. try to fix it
4. if it doesn't work, goto 1 until you are about to shoot yourself into the foot
5. ask me again, but give more details.

>> Regarding Windows... call Microsoft or shoot yourself into the foot.
>
> What should I call M$? (;-) I'd prefer to shoot them, but alas I can't,
> and I find my feet kind of important when it comes to kicking windows
> boxes, so I don't think I'll shoot them either :-)

Well, that doesn't help to fix your problem but otherwise a good attitude!

Good luck,
--
Clemens Koller