DPMS working again after X updates, yet commented out in xorg.conf

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Mon Jun 18 08:29:51 PDT 2007

Nigel Henry wrote:
> I read a while back that xorg.conf was being deprecated.

It is not - we're trying to remove the need to have one for many people,
by having reasonable defaults & hardware autodetection, and for those
who want/need one, to make it just specify the non-default settings they
want instead of repeating all the built-in defaults, but we're not dropping
it altogether.

> There were a bunch of X updates lastnight for Debian Lenny, and now my
> commented out "options DPMS" appears to be being ignored.

I believe it's now on by default, so commenting it out just tells the X
server to use the default setting of on.

> Can anyone point me towards some new file where I can once again stop DPMS
> from putting my monitor into standby mode after about 30mins?

xorg.conf

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com