intel driver gets slow as soon as I rotate on a 1920x1200 display

Thomas Glanzmann sithglan at stud.uni-erlangen.de
Sat Jul 21 19:43:08 PDT 2007

Hello,

> Option "Tiling" "No"
> Option "FramebufferCompression" "false"

Note: It only works with FramebufferCompression set to false. On a _not
rotated_ screen it works like a charm. It is really fast. ls in a xterm, opera,
video in xv (all in fullscreen). The fullscreen xv windows is even better than
anything I saw recently with a ATI Mobility x1400 with the closed source ATI
driver.

On a rotated screen using both of them gives me something I can work with.
Thanks a lot. When I switch virtual desktops, scroll in opera or type in ls in
a very populated directory it still let me feel that it was faster before but I
can work with that. If there is something I can do to improve the normal
acceleration please tell me. But I guess that I simply setup a job that shows
me what happens in the intel git repository.

If people hit the same problem as I do:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver "intel"