Poor image quality on Thinkpad T60 notebook WXSGA+ w/ Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Feb 5 23:44:50 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 01:39 -0500, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> I tried it. X starts up but it is apparently totally unaware that it
> is giving me a useless black screen.

That sure looks like it should have worked. I'm wondering how old that
package is though; we had a lot of ordering issues in setting the LVDS
registers which often caused a nice black screen at startup time. I'm
currently using 785a59ead0e8d1d681b2cb6827ee58ad2c51f8c6, which I
committed a few days ago.

Of course, I'm also using the server-1.2-branch X server, which includes
RandR 1.2 bits, but I don't think that should have an effect on the
startup configuration (famous last words).

If you can, please update to the current video driver and see if that
still works. Yes, this will involve building it from git...
keith.packard at intel.com