xserver: Cleaning up memory allocation functions and macros

Magnus Vigerlöf Magnus.Vigerlof at home.se
Mon Apr 30 14:28:12 PDT 2007

On måndag 30 april 2007, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
[...]
> > What have I missed?
>
> We have a couple of allocating snprintf-style functions, did you want
> to do anything about those?  If we're streamlining our allocation
> functions, we should consider them too.  I think they're called
> Xprintf or something, I always wanted a name that better reflected
> their allocating nature - like, xstrdup_printf or something.

Ah, yes, those four [1].. No, I have no plan on changing these (except the
names on the used mallloc functions).
Even if it's not that many functions or places where these are used I need to
limit the scope of my changes. Feel free to do it though :)

Cheers
  Magnus

[1] SourceNavigator say: Xprintf, Xvprintf, XNFprintf, and XNFvprintf