RandR version 1.2 revisited, subpixels, point-spread function

Graeme Gill graeme2 at argyllcms.com
Wed Sep 13 19:12:21 PDT 2006

Keith Packard wrote:
> Hmm. With all of the informative data about outputs that people want,
> how about I just add the ability to set properties on the output. Then
> we can build conventions about what that data looks like as we need it,
> without needing to rev the protocol, server or client libraries.

That would probably work nicely with adapting the current
convention for identifying the appropriate ICC profile for the display
as well - simply set it as a property of each Output, rather
(or as well as for backwards compatibility) the Screen.

<http://www.burtonini.com/computing/x-icc-profiles-spec-0.1.html>

Graeme Gill.