can s-video output be "tweaked"?

Jeremy Wilkins jeb at jdwilkins.co.uk
Wed Nov 22 10:45:35 PST 2006

Hi,

Don't know if it helps, I used to use a homemade VGA to Scart lead,
and got pretty good quality out of it. below are the mode lines I used
for it. I believe the ForceMinDotClock option is vital because by
default the ati driver won't sync low enough.

jeb

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI Technologies, Inc. RV280 [Radeon 9200 SE]"
        Driver          "ati"
        Option          "ForceMinDotClock"      "15MHz"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "TV"
        HorizSync       15-30
        VertRefresh     50
#       TV out modeline for 720x576
        ModeLine        "720x576PAL" 15.125 720 770 842 968 576 579
607 625 Composite Interlace
#       TV out modeline for 720x540
#       ModeLine        "720x540PAL" 15.101 720 770 842 968 540 565
570 624 Composite Interlace
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "ATI Technologies, Inc. RV280 [Radeon 9200 SE]"
        Monitor         "TV"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           1