Disabling drag events?

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Fri Mar 10 04:50:00 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 10:11 -0500, Kit Peters wrote:
> I've got several touchscreens at my work for which I need to disable
> drag events.  This would not be such a big deal except that the input
> driver is proprietary - TouchWare from 3M
> (http://www.3m.com/3MTouchSystems/downloads/Linux_drivers.jhtml) on a
> MicroTouch II USB device.  The driver doesn't recognize any option to
> disable drag events, and it's making our application that runs on
> these touchscreens unusable.  So my boss had the bright idea that
> maybe we could disable drag events altogether in X, and just
> distribute our modified, dragless version of X with our application.
> Before I bury myself in the latest Xorg source, I was wondering if
>  anyone had any suggestions on where to look?

There is no such thing as a drag event in X. You get "motion" events,
when the pointer is moved and which are independent from the state of
the button or buttons.

So it's not really clear what you are asking here. Behavior is generally
implemented at the toolkit level, not the windowing system level.

						Owen