Need help to get VGA-to-TV working with Radeon 9250

Sebastian sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Thu Jan 26 21:55:03 PST 2006

On Fr, Jan 27, 2006 at 12:37:02 -0500, Felix Kühling wrote:

> Can you connect a CRT to the VGA port instead of your TV-Adapter? This
> way you'd see what the signal looks like. And if that monitor has an OSD
> it may even tell you the refresh rate it's getting.
>
> Regards,
>   Felix

Hello Felix,

I guess I was lucky. I have a really old black and white CRT here, it's
prolly a 14 inch. Anyway, I disconnected the flat panel from the DVI
port and put the crt on the vga port instead of the vga2scart adaptor.

When I start the script (I tried both "NONE,CRT" and "CRT,NONE" --
makes no difference here) there's a signal change (crt blanks for a
short time) and then there comes the picture of the movie played by
mplayer. The picture is ok but it moves from top to bottom. Well I guess
that's ok with the crt. It doesn't "fall" very fast, but I can't really
tell if tell if the picture is interlaced. I think I may have seen
interlacing artifacts, but I'm not really sure.

Can you make something out of this?

Thank you

Sebastian
--
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." (HST)