Compile errors for a few drivers against gitcopy of xserver-1.2-branch from the 20th Dec 2006

Tobias Gerschner tobias.gerschner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 05:57:54 PST 2006

2006/12/24, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org>:
> On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 09:45:19AM +0100, Tobias Gerschner wrote:
> > I just bumped all drivers against a gitcopy of xserver from the 20th
> > of December including the  Mesa patch and the dri-patch which shall
> > fix loading the drm-driver like in ATI's driver 8.32.5.
>
> This is not a server-1.2-branch problem, but because you're using
> inputproto 1.4.x.  1.3.x is the branch being released with 7.2: you
> don't need inputproto 1.4.x, or libXi 1.1.x.

Argh,

thanks for that one.

Which leads me to an earlier question. There is no way / scheme to
determine in git ( right now ) to see , which version will belong to
which release? I've looked at the tags and heads in gitweb, but could
not find a scheme providing that information. After all you tag the
packages AFTER the release. Is there any consensus made in advance? Is
there a way to determine whether a package will belong to a certain
branch ?

I'd happily create a wiki page to put those pieces together. Tough I
failed to find those so far.

regards

--
Tobias Gerschner
Member of Board of Yoper Linux Ltd. NZ

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.