Building Xorg 7.1 from tarballs

EJBoshinski mistrz.linux at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 05:04:16 PST 2006

Just thought that I would update all of you on this.  I was able to complete a build of the entire Xorg 7.1 "everything" tarball successfully.  From everyone's input, I was able to adapt the installation procedure so that it would successfully install repetitively on  several cleans installs.  I constructed some very basic scripts, corrected the "suggested" install instructions from the Modular Developers Page & !! it works!!  8-D  And I was able to do it in a single pass of progressively building the underlying tools & libs.

Thanks again for your insight and suggestions.

PS - the online docs should 'really' be updated.....

-ejb