Xorg7.1 Sources miss Files

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Aug 15 08:01:54 PDT 2006

> Hannes Hauswedell wrote:
> > X.org7.1 doesnt build from sources because the offical mirrors miss sources.
> > /everything contains 575 tarballs for 7.0 but only 280 for 7.1
> > when trying to build the configure scripts fail, because they lack many
> > packages...
> >
> > its the same on all mirrors that i checked...
> > how can this be?
>
> This is noted in the README:
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.1/doc/README1.html#1

This seems inconvenient.

Is there a list to know what to download?

Is the expected way to just mirror all of X11R7.0 and then download all of
X11R7.1 and end up downloading several downloads twice (but different
versions)? And then manually clean up?

What about when X11R7.2 is released? Do we download all three and get
duplicates again? And X11R7.3?

For me and most of the Xorg developers, this is probably not a problem as
they already have the source and they don't even build the entire Xorg X11
(very often).

What about using symlinks for the tarballs for now?