Changing the starting point of the X draw

Colin Nickerson colin.douglas.nickerson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 04:02:31 PDT 2006

Hi everyone.

I have recently started work on a DIY projector.  I have made a mistake and
have lost the signal to 1/8 of my screen (128 pixels to the far left).  I
can still get a 800x600 projector out of it though.

Is it possible to modify the X codebase to start drawing at, lets say,
location (128,0) to (128+res_w, 0+res_h).  If this is possible, where should
I start looking?  I'm not sure if this would be usefull for anyone else, but
if I get it working I would also like to submit a patch for this.

Thanks,
Colin