mouse acceleration issue

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Mon May 9 12:21:13 PDT 2005

I trying to trace a mouse acceleration issue in 6.8.2 which someone reported
to me as being fixed in -HEAD.  6.8.1 does not suffer from this issue.

When I start X the mouse works alright initially, but after a few
seconds-minutes it will snap to the left-hand side of the screen and stay
there.  Up and down works, but left and right keep it left.  Unless you
*slowly* move the mouse to the right after which it will go right, but
accelerate too much and *bam* it will snap back to the left-hand side of the
screen.

The logical pieces of the tree (programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd
and programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/input/mouse) didn't have any significant
changes from 6.8.1 to 6.8.2 and nothing special from 6.8.2 to HEAD that
might have fixed it.

Ideas/help very much welcome.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
Naritai jibun wo surikaetemo egao wa itsudemo suteki desuka...