Xgl error

Jonathan Marriott jon at kiwiuk.net
Tue Mar 1 13:41:46 PST 2005

I have the same problem with the NVIDIA drive, 6629. I use Xorg 6.8.2 as
distributed in Dropline Gnome 2.8.3. I may downgrade a version and see
if that solves the problem. The only other GL app I use (the flurry
Xscreensaver module) runs dreamily.

jonathan at thebes:~/downloads/src/Xgl/xserver$ Xglx :4
_XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
_XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/thebes:4
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6
Visual: 0x0 (y) - r/g/b/a: 8/8/8/8  db: 1
Initialized 800x600 back buffer offscreen area
Initialized 2048x2048 pbuffer offscreen area
Initialized 2048x2048 pbuffer offscreen area
X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or
internal Xlib length error)
~  Major opcode of failed request:  27 (X_UngrabPointer)
~  Serial number of failed request:  82
~  Current serial number in output stream:  85

I have TwinView on but I've tried turning it off and had the same
result. Apparently the Direct Rendering reported by glxinfo is not
relevant in this situation *(thats according to someone in #nvidia on
freenode).

Thanks,
Jon