slightly OT: kernel options for ATI fglrx?

Peter Karlsson petekarl at student.chalmers.se
Thu Jan 27 17:08:22 PST 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Dexter Filmore wrote:

> Since ATI seems to have squashed some bugs I decided to give fglrx another
> shot, but I can't remember what kernel options to en/disable.
>
> AGPgart: yes/no/module? load before fglrx?
> DRI: enable?
> DRI-ATI-Radeon: enable? module?
> prefer external agpgart? in xorg.conf?

I'm running the fglrx-8.8.25 release with xorg6.8.1 and my linux kernel
options are:

CONFIG_AGP=y		;agpgart is required
CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y	;my chipset is intel...
CONFIG_DRM=y
CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=y
CONFIG_SHMEM=y		;sharedmem is required

xorg.conf:
Option "UseInternalAGPGART"         "yes"

Option "PseudoColorVisuals"         "off"	;if you want xv to work.

I know it's unnecessary to keep the drm's but this kernel was compiled
before I installed the fglrx.

Disclaimer: works for me...

Best regards

Peter K