render improvements

Zack Rusin zrusin at trolltech.com
Mon Apr 25 17:04:58 PDT 2005

On Friday 15 April 2005 20:14, Adam Jackson wrote:
> This fails rendercheck (from /cvs/xapps) for a few transformations
> and for the component alpha case.  I don't know whether that's a bug
> in your code or in rendercheck but we should verify it.

Today Lars fixed rendercheck. The new implementation is passing both on
xserver and Xorg so I think we're ready to commit it :)
Xserver patch is here:
http://ktown.kde.org/~zrusin/xserver_new_render.diff
Xorg patch at:
http://ktown.kde.org/~zrusin/xorg_new_render.diff
Owen, could you double checked that I didn't goofed when merging your
mmx changes?
Also, the plan for the near future (meaning this and next week) is
adding max-burst loading from fb using Altivec/SSE (i have that one
more less finished using gcc intrisics) and adding some dri hooks to
get dma transfers working. After that I'm going to start working on
acceleration architecture but we can discuss that once the above is in
cvs.

Zack

--
Despite the rising cost of living, it remains a popular activity.