[Xorg-driver-geode] Change of Plans

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 09:34:17 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 10:06 -0600, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> We have not been very diligent lately, and we're missing out on some
> key deadlines for various distributions and other releases.
>
> So, a change of plans to our previously discussed release schedule:
>
> 2.7.7.7 will be released by Friday to hit Ubuntu's deadline.  This
> will include everything in the tree, plus critical bug fixes.  This
> will be the last xf86-video-amd release.
>
> The rename will happen after the 2.7.7.7 release, probably on Friday
> afternoon.

<jcristau> warren_2: add a geodeModuleData structure
<jcristau> warren_2: LoadModule() will be looking for that if you tell
the server to load a driver called "geode"

This is a reminder to add the new geode name in parallel with the old
amd name to the driver.  This will allow some distros to prepare for
upcoming the name change sooner.  It should not effect existing users at
all.

After 2.8 is out, the driver will continue to have both names within it
for the same reason: to support older xorg.conf with hardcoded "amd" as
driver.  Might even be able to add a Deprecated warning if you can
figure out how. =)

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com