tv s-video out on RV410 (or R400 in general) revisited

Dennis New dennisn at dennisn.dyndns.org
Fri Apr 5 14:53:25 PDT 2013

On Sat, 15 May 2010 07:13:53 -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Dennis Nezic
> <dennisn at dennisn.dyndns.org> wrote:
> > http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature says it is "mostly" implemented.
> > Where can I find out what that means? Should it be "implemented but
> > buggy" on my rv410 card?
>
> No one's really ever gotten it working reliably on r4xx cards.  The tv
> encoder is pretty much the same as the older asics (r1xx-r3xx),
> however, I think there is some gpio magic required to get it working
> properly.

Where can I find the latest information about this card, specifically
about this feature? The table in http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature
says tvout should be supported, but the manpage
http://linux.die.net/man/4/radeon seems to imply it's not.

(Any idea what the aforementioned "gpio magic" might be, in case that's
what's needed?)