Stuttering / Frame drops with RS880/785G and AMD Bulldozer CPU

Shahar Or mightyiampresence at
Wed Feb 8 16:03:00 PST 2012

Dear Ones,

Since replacing an AMD Sempron 140 with an AMD FX-4100 CPU in my
system I'm experiencing frame drops in practically anything. They seem
to be CPU activity related and they are very frequent.

I've reported this is bug #927918 in Ubuntu:

Please let me know if you think that this could be radeon driver
related or something else because I really don't know where to
start... I even looked at the AMD cache penalties bug:
But it shouldn't make such a big noticeable problem, right?

The BIOS is latest version. I've also tested FGLRX and that gives me
low framerate in Ubuntu compiz so I'm not sure if there were frame