[Help][RS780E][mipsel]Screen corruption sometimes

Chen Jie chenj at lemote.com
Mon Sep 12 22:12:34 PDT 2011

Hi,

2011/9/7 Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net>

> What if you only comment out one of the invocations? Do you get
> corruption in one case but not the other one?
I got corruption in either case.

We got a patch from the BSP team of the CPU vendor, which seems solved
the problem.

The patch replaces both RADEON_GPU_PAGE_SIZE  in function
r600_copy_blit() with PAGE_SIZE. (We use 16K PAGE_SIZE, and
RADEON_GPU_PAGE_SIZE is 4K)

Any idea? If it had copy problems, why bo moving test couldn't detect
it? Also, after applied the patch, the bo moving test was still
passed, curious.

BTW, if the patch was correct, then it seems more suitable to be fixed
in radeon_move_blit():
* The num_pages field of ttm_mem_reg need to be changed if moved
between VRAM and GTT && PAGE != RADEON_GPU_PAGE_SIZE.
* What is a drm_mm_node? Represent a block resides at VRAM/GTT/System Mem?

---
Regards,
Chen Jie