Any known problems with vmplayer and git driver?

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Mon Jan 24 04:17:05 PST 2011

On Sam, 2011-01-22 at 15:48 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:

> The question I cannot answer is why does glxgears render on softpipe
> and not the r600 identifier? Anyone know an easy answer to that?

If the Xorg.0.log file says direct rendering is enabled,

        LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo|grep render

might give a hint.

> At this point I have a suspicion that another part of the problem
> is that when running VMware there is something strange going on with
> whose GL is in use.

If so, assuming you don't need 3D acceleration in the guest OS, you may
be able to work around the problem by disabling 3D acceleration in the
VM display settings. If not, it would be interesting to see at least the
full Xorg.0.log files from both the broken and working driver version.