Any known problems with vmplayer and git driver?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 11:50:06 PST 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Felix Blanke <felixblanke at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you mentioned virtualbox and vmware.
>

> Does virtualbox work or does it crash, too? If virtualbox isn't working too it seems
> to be a problem with some other piece of software.
> I'm using virtualbox with the radeon driver for month without any issues.
>

> Regards,
> Felix

I'll check that later today.

The problem I had with Virtualbox was it didn't clean itself up as
well after the reboot so I had to reinstall the VMs from backups which
takes a lot of time. VMware seemed to do a nicer job of handling this
problem so it was easier for me to test.

I can see you're point as valid in testing however so barring some
other inputs I'll give it a shot. Maybe I can just clone a VM so if
it's damaged it doesn't require going back to a backup.

I would have thought that if Virtualbox also crashes that it points to
the same root problem and not to some other piece of software, so
possibly I'm misunderstanding your logic on that one? Not a big deal
though. I'll try to get the data.

Thanks,
Mark