The driver is very slow with Kicad

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Tue Aug 23 00:52:07 PDT 2011

On Die, 2011-08-23 at 13:50 +0700, Phinitnan Chanasabaeng wrote:

> I would like to report my experience with this driver.
> For overall, I'm very impressed with the driver especially with gnome
> 3.

Glad to hear it!

> The only problem that keep me away from this driver is that it is very
> slow with Kicad compared to the closed-source driver.
> What would be the cause of this problem?

I would guess most likely it's related to hitting software rendering
fallbacks.

> and how can i help to improve this?

Come up with a simple sequence of operations which demonstrates the
problem, and generate a profile for it using sysprof, perf or oprofile.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com