KMS: Howto disable TV detection

Daniel Klaffenbach danielklaffenbach at gmail.com
Fri May 28 01:53:02 PDT 2010

Hi,

on my Radeon HD3870 with 2.6.34 I always get a 800x600 framebuffer console
because KMS seems to detect a TV on the DIN connector (there is nothing
connected to DIN, worked fine with 2.6.34-rc5).

Is there a way to disable the detection of the TV? I already tried
radeon.tv=0, but this just gives me a black screen (and a complete freeze -
kernel panic?).

If it helps: I have two screens connected to the 3870: one DVI (primary)
display and one HDMI display (secondary).

- Daniel