S-Video out with radeon with 'Flyback Lines' showing on the TV

uebershark at googlemail.com uebershark at googlemail.com
Mon May 17 13:16:25 PDT 2010

> The modeline is just there to make xrandr happy.  tv-out has fixed
> timing (NTSC or PAL, etc.). The "modes" you set are just downscaled to
> the size of the native timing.  It doesn't matter what mode you set
> with xrandr, the driver will always program the timing the same way
> since analog tv only accepted certain fixed modes.
>
> Alex

I've tried switching between NTSC and PAL using 'xrandr --set
TV_FORMAT PAL /NTSC'
And my screens flash and seem to reconfigure, but an error message is printed,
and more importantly the output on the TV stays the same.(At leas I think so..)
Whats up with that? (I would post the error, but I'm currently not at home..).

Also, if the timings are fixed, then this could 'simply' mean that my
TV (which is rather old) is 'not-compatible'.
If that is so, how the hell does the windows driver 'manage'?

Great work with the ati-drivers by the way, I wouldn't want to be
without them anymore :)

Regards

Tom