Compiling radeon againts x.org 1.7.4-1.fc12

Martin Ledvina martin.ledvina at arachne.cz
Fri Jan 29 12:38:24 PST 2010

Hi,
Fedora 12 is providing only radeonhd driver at the moment and since AMD
had not yet released version compatible, I have to use vesa driver and
that is hard for work and impossible for anything else.
Old radeon driver worked perfectly in the past and I don't really need a
3D performance, just enough to work smoothly and play XVideo.

This just seams to easy not to be implemented already:
http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonBuildHowTo

So should I try to build it, or it is just impossible?

Thanks,
Martin Ledvina