RadeonHD 3200 HDMI Audio + KMS, Suspend-to-RAM

Marius Gröger dargllun at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 21 00:27:36 PST 2010

Rafał Miłecki schrieb:
> 2010/1/19 Marius Gröger <dargllun at googlemail.com>:
>> Marius Gröger schrieb:
>>> I'm finally using the KMS radeon drm in 2.6.33rc4 and the xorg-edgers
>>> stack for Ubuntu karmic. HDMI sounds works until I suspend to disk;
>> Not my day, really. I meant suspend to _RAM_.
>
> Should not really matter I think.
>
> Would be worth checking if rdev->audio_timer that calls
> r600_audio_update_hdmi still work. Does anyone know some magic /proc/*
> or /sys/kernel/debug to check active timers?

Might an issue with the timer not getting restarted not also affect
other kernel drivers? Chances could then be a lot higher that this will
be fixed. I haven't looked at the sources yet myself, nor do I have time
to experiment with them, unfortunately. I any kind of log helps I'll be
more than happy to provide it.

This issue is a show-stopper for me, so I think I'm going to file a a
bug for it.

Regards
Marius