r300 Xrandr slow rotation performance

zK zk at nimless.com
Mon Jan 18 04:22:00 PST 2010

Michel Dänzer ha scritto:
> On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 20:06 +0100, zK wrote:
>
>> I'm using Ubuntu karmic 9.10 with the open driver from the stable branch
>> on a r300 ati x1250 .
>>
>> When using Xaa acceleration method i get a choppy screen after using
>> xrandr to rotate the screen.
>>

> I wouldn't expect that to ever get fixed.
>

>> Using EXA acceleration resolves the problem but gives me some rendering
>> corruption in Firefox.
>>

> What kind of corruption? Got a screenshot?

There is no corruption in the screenshot after I took it, only when
rendering live.
I should take a picture with my camera but I don't have the time at the
moment.

The are black lines going from one side to the other, sometimes just one
line,other times one big block line.

Also when using the default ati driver shipped with Ubuntu karmic I had
the same behaviour with a WHITE LINE ( I'm thinking with XAA
acceleration since I didn't touch anything in xorg.conf...) while when
using the git stable branch and EXA I get a BLACK LINE.Pretty strange
huh?:-)

These behaviours seem to appear only when I'm using the Grab and Drag
Firefox add-on ( an Add-on that allows finger dragging of web pages for
my tablet PC).Maybe scrolling faster than the scroll bar causes this
corruption, but looks like a bug in the rendering to me.