Experimenting with new HD 5750 card, looking for appropriate mailing list

Dave Witbrodt dawitbro at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 15 19:03:54 PST 2010

Hello,

   I currently use a Radeon HD 4850, and have been very pleased to see
the amazing amount of progress within the kernel DRM, xf86-video-ati,
and Mesa since I started experimenting with 2D/3D acceleration last
November.

   Recently, when Phoronix had an article about some initial Evergreen
support appearing in the radeon driver and the kernel drm-radeon-testing
git tree, I decided to buy a fanless HD 5750.  That arrived several days
ago.

   I'm looking for the appropriate mailing list to participate in
testing the new Evergreen support as it begins to arrive.  So far I have
only had the HD 5750 installed long enough to make sure it is
functioning properly (spent several hours gaming with it on Vista) in
case it needed to be returned.  I built two kernels out of the
drm-radeon-testing branch, and would like to share my results.  My X
userspace was not new enough, so until I try my next round of
experiments this Friday I can only meaningfully discuss the radeondrmfb
behavior.

   It seems like the most appropriate mailing list for that discussion
would be dri-users @ SourceForge.  Unfortunately, that list looks pretty
much dead.  There is LKML, but that seems to be more for development
than testing and user discussions; I'm not (yet) a developer, so I don't
want to add noise over there.
   This list is for xf86-video-radeon, but I see a thread about HD 5830
support here, so I thought I'd ask first.  Where is the best place for
me to post results (and kudos) for the people working on Evergreen support?

Thanks,
Dave W.