problems with "ATI proprietary" R500 driver on xorg server 7.0.1

Dan Engholm mustang at engholm.org
Sat Oct 17 17:20:35 PDT 2009

Cooper,

Thanks for the reply.  None of the suggestions worked.  Aticonfig
doesn't do anything useful, it just says it doesn't detect a supported
adapter.  admcccle reports a similar message.  Another reply to my query
may have the key to this problem.  He said that R500 isn't supported in
the current drivers.

--Dan