Multiple monitors

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Mon Oct 5 08:21:31 PDT 2009

Hello,

I would like to use multiple monitors. I use Asus M4A78 PRO mainboards
with AMD 780G/SB700 chipset and integrated Radeon HD 3200 Graphics.
This mainboard has a VGA and a DVI port. Can I use that for dual screens
with OSS drivers?

When I add a PCIe card with HD 3450 chipset I cannot use the integrated
graphics anymore. In the manual they tell about "surround view". Is this
possible with OSS drivers?

I am interested in multi-seat systems too.
Do you know about setups for multi-seat systems with ATI/AMD and OSS
drivers?

I would like to have hardware accelerated 2D. What version of X/kernel
do I need as a minimum?

And are there ATI videocards what use really less energy?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

mainboard: http://asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=EbXqq06yxpJwlABf
PCIe card: http://asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=kKWXNjgXcaiRlzYQ