[R580] -ati/-radeon driver fails

Nanoo Nono junks.in.box at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 20:30:39 PDT 2009

I see "(WW) RADEON(0): R500 support is under development. Please report any
issues to xorg-driver-ati at lists.x.org" in my Xorg.log. I have issues. This
is e-mail is my report.

I have tested the -ati/-radeon driver with my R580 under both fresh&upgraded
Ubuntu intrepid and jaunty installs.

For both releases my issues are essentially the same and can be read about
here: Launchpad bug
#342899<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+bug/342899>

Here's a quick summary:
DRI hoses everything (massive corruption)
Neither EXA nor XAA are able to redraw/update correctly, see attached image
of the result of dragging a window. Scrolling in a window is out of the
question.
The driver "works" with Option "NoAccel" "true"

Any advice?

Cheers,
~l3iggs