kwin4 argb missing problem

Lamarque Vieira Souza lamarque at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 09:03:38 PDT 2009

Em Tuesday 07 July 2009, Alex Deucher escreveu:
> 2009/7/7 Lamarque Vieira Souza <lamarque at gmail.com>:

> >> Not sure what's up - you don't have $XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS set in your
> >> environment by any chance?
> >>
> >> If that's not it, try upgrading to xserver 1.6 and mesa 7.4 if possible.
> >
> >        Great, now it is working :-) Thank you for your help. I still only
> > have 16 glx visuals but the 32 depth one is there and the effects works
> > now. And I did a mistake, the $XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS was set, I did a
> > test last month I forgot to unset it in /etc/profile. Now I need to make
> > DRI2 work to avoid the conflicts between DRI applications (Googleearth in
> > my case) and the composite effects. For now I set kwin4 to use XRender
> > instead of OpenGL, this way the effects does not conflicts with DRI
> > applications, but even the kwin4 developers say to avoid using kwin4's
> > effects with XRender because the effects have not been well tested with
> > XRender. Do you know what is the state of DRI2 for the radeon driver? Is
> > there any chance to have DRI2 and radeon working together this year?
>
> DRI2 works on radeon, however you need some pretty bleeding edge bits:
> - radeon drm with kms support (2.6.31) loaded with modeset=1
> - latest ddx from git master
> - updated libdrm and radeon libdrm from drm git master configured with
> --enable-radeon-experimental-api
> - mesa from git master
>
> Alex

	Too bleeding edge for me. I still need to find kernel modules to make vmware
work with 2.6.30 (I use 2.6.29.3). When I have more time I am going to move to
virtualbox, but for now I need vmware at work. Next year I will try
radeon+dri2, I have more things to fix here until there hehe. Thank you all
for the help.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.geographicguide.com/brazil.htm