Video-In on a [Mobility FireGL 7800 M7]

Ludwig Meyerhoff ludwig at antar.de
Sun Jul 6 09:26:37 PDT 2008

Hallo!

I apologize if I am writing to the wrong list, but since the Gatos
project has merged Xorg, there seems not to be other way to get some
information or support.

If You know a better address where to ask about Video-In, You are
welcome to tell me.

+ + +

I try to get Video-In running on my ThinkPad A31p, which has a Radeon
VGA device (Radeon RV200 LX).

How do I setup and how do I verify the settings for Video-in?

There is very very much, but very very outdated information out there.

Video-In works in Windows, so the hardware is working.

I succeeded in compiling the Avview application without ffmpeg support
(should do for just getting a picture?). But I do not get more than a
"black-screen", regardless the connector I set up in AVView.

+ + +

ludwig at client16:~$ lspci | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV200 LX
[Mobility FireGL 7800 M7]

+ + +

ludwig at client16:~$ head /var/log/Xorg.0.log

X.Org X Server 1.4.0.90
Release Date: 5 September 2007
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux Debian (xorg-server 2:1.4.1~git20080517-2)
Current Operating System: Linux client16 2.6.24-1-686 #1 SMP Thu May 8
02:16:39 UTC 2008 i686
Build Date: 09 June 2008  03:18:20PM

+ + +

ludwig at client16:~$ start_avview
libzvbi available export modules:
         HTML:keyword "html" mimetype "text/html" extension "html,htm"
         PNG:keyword "png" mimetype "image/png" extension "png"
         PPM:keyword "ppm" mimetype "image/x-portable-pixmap" extension
"ppm"
         Text:keyword "text" mimetype "text/plain" extension "txt"
         XPM:keyword "xpm" mimetype "image/xpm" extension "xpm"
NUM_ADAPTORS=1
Adaptor 0: ATI Radeon Video Overlay
                 type input image
                 ports 73
73 ATI Radeon Video Overlay
master=.controlwin row=1 column=0
Looking for km device that corresponds to PCI:01:00.0
master=.controlwin row=1 column=0

+ + +

Do You have any hints?

Saluti!