Correctly configuring dual head

Christoph Bartoschek bartoschek at or.uni-bonn.de
Thu Jul 3 02:29:17 PDT 2008

Am Mittwoch, 2. Juli 2008 schrieb Alex Deucher:

> > I've installedd 6.9.0 and it seems as if I can resolve my DPI problems.
> > Unfortunately the rotated display is unbearable slow. One can see the
> > scanline when parts of the desktop are updated. Is there a trick to get
> > the rotated display fast?
>
> Switch to EXA:
> Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"

Thanks. Now the rotated display is ok.

However there are two problems:

1. If I enter Option "Rotate" "Left" to my monitor section, the driver crashes
on startup. Is this known?

2. It seems as if the GPU fan is now running all the time. Is it possible that
the rotated mode is more gpu intensive such that more power is transformed to
heat?

Greetings
Christoph Bartoschek