Problems with radeon_dri and Blender

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Wed Jul 2 10:25:01 PDT 2008

Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> [08-07-02 18:56]:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 12:17 PM,  <meino.cramer at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When using Blender my radeon_dri driver crashes with a segfault (and
> > Blender follows :-/  ). But it only happens when some very specific actions
> > are performed and only if the Shading ("Z") is activated for the 3D view.
> >
> > Currently I am only able to watch this. And dont know how to pinpoint
> > the problem and whether the radeon_dri driver or Blender (or both) or
> > the hardware habe a problem.
> >
> > If someone is interested, I will post an *.blend file to trigger the
> > segfault.
>
> The best starting point would be if you could get a backtrace from
> blender using gdb.

Here ist comes:

solfire:/home/mccramer>gdb blender
GNU gdb 6.7.1
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/blender
[New Thread 0xb74af910 (LWP 24683)]
Compiled with Python version 2.4.4.
Checking for installed Python... got it!

[Switching to Thread 0xb74af910 (LWP 24683)]
0xb733f3e3 in vbo_split_prims () from /usr/lib/dri/radeon_dri.so
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0xb733f3e3 in vbo_split_prims () from /usr/lib/dri/radeon_dri.so
(gdb)

it is not that much, but....