[radeonhd] Re: Updated R5xx 3D Programming Guide

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Tue Apr 8 16:47:03 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 08 April 2008 07:24:40 pm Jerome Glisse wrote:
> I just want to be sure that you are aware of the limitation of GPU
> hw, it should not be seen as CPU and so not be tackle like a CPU.
> Compiler we are aiming for should be able to translate TGSI in
> GPU opcode. I am yet not sure on win we could get from using llvm
> too for producing the byte code.

There really isn't one. Realistically the point of interest for us are the
optimization passes. Code generation and multi-lingual input being side
considerations that realistically haven't been proven yet. LLVM simply packs
it all into one, integrated and document framework which, given the
complexity of it all, is highly desirable.