AIW Radeon 9700 Pro for a DVI LCD without fglrx

Bajji sw bajjisw at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 08:18:13 PDT 2008

Hi there,

Can I use X.org Radeon drivers to make a 128MB AIW
Radeon 9700 Pro work with a DCI LCD without fglrx ?

Why you ask? With fglrx and DRI enabled, even SD video
is choppy. Processor is AMD Athlon XP ~3000.

fglrx on a ATI Rage mobility 8MB makes SD video
smooth. This is a Pentium III 800 from 2000.

In both cases, video capture was by an Avermedia A180.
I am using Debian 4.0r3. Once captured, I stream from
the same box in both cases.