Above xf86-video-ati 6.6.3 Random hardlocks X "mieqEnequeue"

Peter Alfredsen peter.alfredsen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 08:10:25 PDT 2007

On Saturday 20 October 2007, Robert Rankin wrote:
> In anything above 6.6.3 I experience random hard locks on my x800pro.
[...]
> The only thing I note is upon reboot
> Xorg.0.log repeates these two lines over and over again
>
> "mieqEnequeue: out-of-order valuator event; dropping.
> "
> "tossed event which came in late"

I can confirm this hardlock, though I have not saved any logs of it occuring,
I remember the mieqEnequeue thing only too well. I can run stable for days
without it occuring, but if I open Firefox, it is virtually certain it will
occur within 5 minutes. Occasionally K3B will also cause it when I drag files
from the file window to the layout window.

The hardlock can be circumvented by the magic sysrq sequence:
ALT+PRTSCRN (Hold while pressing other keys) R E I S U B

You can memorize that as "busier" in reverse. Allow some time to pass before
pressing each subsequent key.

--
/PA