mplayer and xv problem

Łukasz Mierzwa prymitive at pcserwis.net
Wed Jun 20 13:52:05 PDT 2007

Wednesday 20 of June 2007 19:20:18 napisałeś(-łaś):
> On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 17:26 +0200, Łukasz Mierzwa wrote:
> > I got Acer 5024 laptop with ATI Radeon X700, I'm now using current git
> > xf86-video-ati driver on gentoo box. When I watch movies with mplayer
> > and I minimize the video window it sometimes goes white after restoring
> > and the only way to get it to show my movie is to switch to fullscreen.
> > Does anyone got same problem? I run KDE 3.5.6 with composite switched on
> > in kwin, DRI is on and running, EXA disabled so I use XAA.
>
> Which version of xserver?

1.3.0
It happens with xv and x11 output, it's not white as I wrote, overlay color
key (color which is replaced by video) is filled with background window
(konsole or wallpaper and so). I need to switch to fullscreen or just move
the window. With xv the video area is filled with background, with x11 only
the part of window that is not filled by video (like black horizontal borders
that some movies have).

--
Łukasz Mierzwa