Great slowness with radeon(4x) and AccelMethod "EXA" for X.Org 7.2

Chris Rankin rankincj at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 08:05:44 PDT 2007

--- Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
> Which one(s)?

compiz, from Fedora 7.

> > Isn't XAA the "old" acceleration architecture that EXA is supposed to
> > replace, though?
>
> Kind of, though it's still around so you can choose the one that works
> better for your workload...

Yes, but my understanding was that XAA would disappear one day so reporting problems with EXA in
the interim would seem to be a good idea. And at the moment, EXA is *just* slow - the only
difference "workload" makes is whether it drives you to pull your hair out ("without compiz") or
gouge out your eyes ("with compiz").

Cheers,
Chris